It is of the utmost importance for WCUP that it can protect your privacy by carefully handling (processing and securing) your personal data. During your interaction with WCUP you can share personal information so that we can identify you as an individual such as your name, e-mail address, home address and telephone number. These are your “personal data”.
In these conditions the following is explained:
- Scope and acceptance of privacy conditions
- Personal data collected by WCUP
- Sharing your personal data
- Your rights
- Security and storage of data
- Third party websites
- How to contact us
1. Scope and acceptance
These privacy conditions apply to the personal data that WCUP collects about you with the purpose of offering you its products and services.
By using the WCUP website or by communicating your personal data, you grant your unambiguous consent to the processing of the personal data you have provided and you agree to these Privacy Terms.
WCUP reserves the right to change these Privacy Terms at any time. It advises you to consult these conditions regularly, so that you are aware of any changes and always know how your personal data can be used.
2. (personal) data collected by WCUP
WCUP may collect personal data through various sources, including:
- online and electronic interactions with it, including via its website, mobile applications, SMS programs or WCUP applications on third-party social networks (such as Facebook) (WCUP sites);
- offline interactions with WCUP, including through direct marketing campaigns, printed registration cards, participation in competitions;
- your interaction with online-oriented content (such as advertisements) offered by WCUP, or by service providers on behalf of WCUP, via applications or third-party websites.
2.1 Information that you provide directly to us
These are data that you provide directly to WCUP with your permission for a specific purpose, including:
- Personal contact information such as your name, home or e-mail address, and phone number;
- Other personal details including your date of birth, age, gender, zip code, town / city, province;
- Payment information such as credit card number, expiry date, billing address;
- Log-in data, including information required to create a user account at WCUP such as login ID / e-mail address, username, password and security question and answer;
- Consumer feedback, including information you share with WCUP about your experience with WCUP products and services;
2.2 Data that we collect when you use a WCUP site.
When using the WCUP website, use is made of so-called ‘cookies’.
Cookies are small text files that a website places on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit the website. Information about your website visit is stored in these cookies. Personal information is processed with the placing of cookies. By using cookies, a website can recognize you on a subsequent visit to the website. This can be useful, for example, if you do not want to log in again every time you visit the website.
A distinction must be made between functional and non-functional cookies. Functional cookies are always placed. These are necessary for the website to work properly. For example, they ensure that you can stay logged in on the website if you wish. In addition to functional cookies, standard analytical cookies are also placed. This is an example of a non-functional cookie. He is not required for the proper functioning of the website. This makes it possible to know which website parts are popular and in which places the website can be improved. Only when you agree to the placing of cookies, a number of other non-functional cookies are placed. These all have different purposes, but this makes it possible to improve the service. For example, cookies are used to display online surveys on the website, to test improvements on the website, to display social media buttons or to show relevant advertisements for a company on other websites.
If you do not wish to have cookies from the website, you can choose this in the cookie notification that you will see on the first visit to the website. If you have previously accepted the cookies, you will no longer see this message and you must first delete the cookies via your browser.
You can also choose to block the placing of cookies via your browser. If you block all cookies, websites may not work as well. It is better to selectively disable the unwanted cookies. You can do this in your browser at the settings. This also immediately blocks the cookies of other websites that you visit.
2.3 Data collected from other sources
WCUP may collect information about you through other legitimate sources in order to offer you its products and services. Examples of such sources are external data collectors, promotional partners of WCUP, public sources and social networks of third parties. Such information may include the following:
personal contact information;
all personal details that are part of your profile with a social network of third parties (eg Facebook) and can be shared by WCUP with that social network (such as your name, e-mail address, gender, birthday, town / city, profile photo, user name and friend list). More information about the data that WCUP can collect can be found on the website of the relevant social network.
WCUP may also acquire personal data when it takes over other companies.
WCUP collects and uses personal data solely for the purpose for which the data was obtained. WCUP may use your personal data for all or some of the following purposes:
- to offer you the possibility to order articles via the WCUP website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website.
- to process your order and inform you about its progress.
- to create and maintain your accounts with WCUP, including offering loyalty or reward programs associated with your account.
- to communicate with you including answers to your questions, complaints and general feedback about its products.
- to involve you more actively in its products and services.
- WCUP may combine personal data collected through one source (eg a website) with data coming from another source (eg an offline event). This gives
- WCUP a more complete picture of you as a consumer, with which WCUP can provide you with a better and more personal service, including with regard to the following:
- To improve and personalize your experience on its website, by using data such as login information, technical computer information and / or information about previous use of the website;
To improve the products of WCUP, to better adapt it to your needs and to come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of personal data, information about consumer profiling and consumer feedback;
Advertising based on interests
To offer you ads that are tailored to your interests. One of the ways in which WCUP does this is by linking the activities or information collected on the WCUP site to data collected about you on third-party websites. This kind of advertising is also known as “targeted advertising.” Such personalization is usually done through cookies or similar technologies.
to send advertising messages if you have signed up for receiving such messages (including information about WCUP, its products and services, competitions and promotions). These messages can be distributed electronically (eg SMS, e-mail and online advertising) and by mail.
to offer you a number of social functions, including:
Community functions on a WCUP site
When you visit a WCUP site with a community feature and share photos, videos, illustrations or other content, WCUP may use and display the personal information you share on such websites.
Viral website functions
WCUP may use your personal data to provide you with viral website features, such as a “tell-a-friend” program, with which you can share certain news items, product information, promotions and other content with family and friends.
Usually personal contact information (such as names and e-mail addresses) must be collected and used so that the message / content in question can be delivered to the recipients.
Social networks of third parties
WCUP may use your personal data when you use third party social network functions, such as “Facebook Connect” or “Facebook Like”. These functions can be integrated into the WCUP site, for example with a view to organizing competitions and to allow you to share content with friends.
If you use these functions, WCUP may obtain certain personal information about you via the social network in question. More information about how these functions work and the profile information that WCUP can obtain about you can be found on the website of the relevant social network.
Other specific purposes
WCUP may use your personal data for other specific business purposes, such as the daily operation and security of the WCUP site, to perform demographic studies or audits and to contact you for consumer research.
4. Sharing of personal data by WCUP
WCUP does not share your personal data with third parties who wish to use your data for direct marketing, unless you have given your specific permission for this.
WCUP may also share your personal data with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following cases:
4.1 Related companies
WCUP can communicate your personal data for legitimate business purposes (such as processing orders, handling complaints, etc.) to its related companies or subsidiaries.
4.2 Service providers
WCUP may call on service providers, representatives or contractors to provide services on behalf of WCUP, including offering the WCUP site and the services available to you. It is possible that these external parties may access or process your personal data when providing these services.
WCUP requires a written agreement from such external parties, which may be located in a country other than the country in which you have used the WCUP site or service, that they comply with all relevant data protection and security requirements regarding your personal data.
4.3 Partners and joint promotions
WCUP may conduct joint or co-sponsored programs or promotions with another company and, in the context of your involvement in the activity, collect and use your personal data.
Your personal data will only be shared with another company if you have registered to receive information directly from that company. WCUP recommends that you read the privacy statement of such companies before sharing your personal data. If you do not want your personal data to be collected by or shared with a company other than WCUP, you can always choose not to participate in such activities. If you register to receive messages from such a company, remember that you always have the right to unsubscribe and in that case you must contact that company directly.
4.4 Legal requirements and business transfer
WCUP may disclose your personal information if it is legally obliged to do so or if WCUP considers in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal procedures or to respond to any claims.
In case of a full or partial merger with or a full or partial takeover of WCUP by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that entity of WCUP. That information may contain personal data.
5. Your rights
5.1 Right to unsubscribe for advertising messages
You have the right to unsubscribe from advertising messages about WCUP (“opt-out”) and you can do so by:
follow the instructions in the relevant advertising message;
if you have an account with WCUP, you may have the opportunity to edit your account details and change your preferences in relation to advertising messages;
to contact .
Note that even if you report no longer want to receive advertising messages, you can still receive administrative messages from WCUP, such as order confirmations and messages about your account activity (such as account confirmations and password changes).
5.2 Access and rectification
You have the right to request access to your personal data. You can send us a request for this. If WCUP can not provide access to your personal data, it will let you know why that is not possible.
You also have the right to request WCUP to correct inaccuracies in your personal data. If you have an account with WCUP for a WCUP site, you can usually do this via the “your account” or “your profile” section on the WCUP site (if available). If not, you can send us a request to correct your data.
6. Security and storage of data
6.1 Data security
To secure your personal data, WCUP has implemented a number of measures including:
- Secure operating environment: WCUP stores your data in secure company environments that are only accessible to employees, representatives and contractors of WCUP and only to the extent necessary. WCUP also follows the standards generally accepted in the sector.
- Encryption of payment data: WCUP uses encryption that is standard in the sector to protect sensitive financial information, such as credit card data sent over the Internet (eg when making payments in the WCUP webshop).
- Prior authentication for account access: WCUP verifies the identity of its registered consumers (login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. The purpose of this is to prevent access by unauthorized persons.
Note that these protections do not apply to personal information you share in public places, such as community websites.
WCUP will not store your personal data for the stated purpose for longer than necessary, taking into account its need to answer questions and solve problems, improve services and offer new services, and to comply with legal requirements.
This means that your personal data can be kept for a reasonable period after your last interaction with WCUP. When the personal data collected is no longer required, WCUP will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
7. Third party websites
These conditions do not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to the WCUP website by means of links. WCUP can not guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Always read the privacy statement of this website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
8. Contact us
WCUP acts as “responsible for processing” for the personal data it processes in the framework of these Privacy Conditions. If you have questions or comments about this or questions about how WCUP USA collects personal data, please contact us at: